- Ponti, M. (2012). Standard 12: Leadership. In K.M. White & A. O’Sullivan (Eds.), The essential guide to nursing practice: Applying ANA’s scope and standards in practice and education (pp. 163-172). Silver Spring, MD: American Nurses Association
- Ponti, M. & Devet, R. (2012). Transforming nursing leadership roles: From CNO to CEO. Nursing Administration Quarterly, Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins. 36(1)12-16. doi:10.1097/NAQ.0b013e318238a218
- Ponti, M. (2011). Why change fails. Nurse Leader, 9(4), 41-43. doi:10.1016/j.mnl.2011.05.004
- Ponti, M., Germain, M., & Moulton, L. (September, 2010). Staffing budgets: Planning, executing and managing into the future. Nursing Management. 41(9) 34-38. doi: 10.1097/01.NUMA.0000387084.21113.c7
- Ponti, M. (July, 2010). Focus on multigenerational teams: Letter from the leadership. Voice of Nursing Leadership. The American Organization of Nurse Executives. 8(4)
- Ponti, M. (May, 2009). Focus on the economy: Letter from the leadership. Voice of Nursing Leadership. The American Organization of Nurse Executives. 7 (3)
- Ponti, M. (April, 2009). Transition from leadership development to succession management. Nursing Administration Quarterly. Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins. 33(2)125-141
- Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) 2015 Annual Meeting “Preparing Nurse Leaders to Serve on Boards”, Lansing, Michigan. October, 2015.
- Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) 2015 Annual Meeting “Preparing Nurse Leaders to Serve on Boards”, Phoenix Arizona. April, 2015.
- Michigan Organization of Nurse Executives presentation “Nursing in Michigan: The Evolving Role of Leaders - A National Perspective”. Howell, Michigan. November 2012
- Connex International Chief Nurse Executive Forum “From Strike to Journey to Excellence “. Dallas, Texas. January 2011
- Connex International Chief Nurse Executive Forum “Transition from Leadership Development to Succession Management”. Chicago, Illinois. May 2009
- RN-Aim Annual Meeting presentation “The Maine Trek 2000 – 2006 Advocacy Lessons Learned” October 2008
- Healthcare Financing Management Association (HFMA) of New Hampshire CNO/CFO presentation “Tools, Teams, Challenges and Success. November 2003